Sunday, May 15, 2016

Blogging Time

My students are finally blogging but now the company is wanting to collect payment. I don't think kidblog was the best choice I thought I was doing kidzblog with a z but I forgot the z when I created it but I thought I would give it a try anyway. This page has some good ideas of how teachers are using blogging in their classrooms. I would like to use mine for a science journal as well. I know students love science and it is a great way to share their learnings. But the one reason I like doing book reports better is because each student is sharing about a different book they read where in science I feel like the class would all be sharing the same or similar discoveries and they wouldn't want to read each others posts.

I think I want to focus in on one topic for blogging such as book reports etc.The webiste mentions using it for a digital portfolio. I think it would be great for older grades to use and share their identity and their voice but I just don't know about 2nd graders having a digital portfolio...

I have been using this spreadsheet for blogging that my profession Jane shared. It has been helpful. I used it to show my principal blog examples and to research different blogging platforms.

I love viewing multiple classroom blogs. At first it was hard for me to find and locate example blogs. This page has multiple blogs and gave me tons of ideas of what to do in my classroom. I did notice tho that most of these pages have photographs of students faces....

#kidblog #classblog #bloglife

No comments:

Post a Comment