Saturday, May 7, 2016

Blogging Group

Jane tweeted me an excellent excel sheet of different blogging platforms. I just created a kidblog.com URL and added the majority of my students. It took me some playing around and it was a bit hard to figure out. I was looking up articles for blogging in the classroom. It seems like a pretty popular thing I am surprised I haven't heard about it until now. My big question is how do I get my students some followers that will provide them with feedback on their blogs? I will continue to seek more information on this aspect. One blog stated that:"Number 3: Blogs, because of their ease of use, and because of the context of news and editorial column writing, have become a highly effective way to help students to become better writers. Research has long shown that students write more, write in greater detail, and take greater care with spelling, grammar, and punctuation, when they are writing to an authentic audience over the Internet. - See more at: http://www.educationworld.com/a_tech/tech/tech217.shtml#sthash.ugRwytB3.dpuf" I could see my students being more cautious about their spelling if there was a larger audience viewing there writing. But I am wondering if they are actually writing better or if they are using spell check to assist them?

I learned that for students it is better to have a blogging classroom software downloaded so they can just click on that instead of connecting to a URL. I have KidBlog but I see a lot of good feedback about Kidzblog I want to try out multiple platforms to see which one I prefer for my students.

It was recommended that I have to view all blogs by my students before they are published but I don't know if I can keep up with all this...

#blogging #classblog

1 comment:

  1. i've seen a lot of teachers tweeting out a list of their student blogs and requesting that other teachers/ kids comment. Perhaps others in class?

    ReplyDelete